Adalyn, Acupuncturist (Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Bachelor of Health Science (Acupuncture)
- Area of Special Interest – Women's Health (including Fertility support).
Available for appointments 4 day's a week:
- Tuesday – 3 pm to 7:30 pm
- Wednesday – 10 am to 6:30 pm
- Thursday – 3 pm to 7:30 pm
- Sunday – 10 am to 2 pm
Hi! I’m Dr Adalyn Hewwing (B HSc Acupuncture), the resident Acupuncturist here at HANDS from HEAVEN – Remedial Therapy Clinic.
I had my first acupuncture treatment when I was experiencing acute lower back pain every morning when I woke up after working in the retail/hospitality industry for seventeen years, and it provided me with pain free days for longer periods of time than other remedies had previously. Also, when I experienced early menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) did not reduce the related symptoms or stress, I revisited Chinese Traditional Medicine and Acupuncture treatment combined with Chinese Herbal Medicine provided positive results for myself.
I felt that learning Chinese Traditional Medicine can assist other females with similar menstruation problems and reduce related stresses, and so my acupuncturist encouraged and supported me to study Chinese Traditional Medicine at Endeavour College of Natural Health. Now fully graduated with a few years experience I can treat a wide range of symptoms from neck pain to depression, and being a massage therapist as well as an acupuncturist, I excel at treating muscular/nerve aches and pains.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) treatments help people with a variety of problems (117 conditions from Acupuncture Evidence-base Project 2017, AACMA) from menopause to chronic fatigue. I also have a strong interest in digestion and overall wellbeing, prescribing Chinese herbs, diet changes and Qi Gong exercises on top of the acupuncture to combat low energy levels, poor memory, and fatigue … and also further training and experience in treating menopausal symptoms.
- I have experience in treating painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea), endometriosis, IVF, infertility, labour induction, constipation, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, Bell’s palsy and Sciatica … and
- I find that Chinese dietary advice for pre-and post-natal care for new modern young mothers is especially important in our fast-paced environment.
Adalyn wants to use acupuncture treatment to assist clients to achieve better health and mental wellbeing, and pass on her knowledge to her clients as part of self-care. She hopes to see you in our clinic by booking an appointment. Let’s get the Qi moving!